The Rev. Charles P. Martin, 88, retired Rector of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Johnstown, died on February 16, 2018 in Johnstown. He is survived by his second wife, Susan W. Kelly Martin, and four of his children: J. Christopher (Acoatzin Torres) of Houston, TX; Stephen Richard (Jane) of Berlin, PA; Susan E. Rosa (Jose) of Wescosville, PA; and Timothy W. (Rachel) of Aurora, OH. He also leaves four grandchildren: Jami and Heather Sroka, Matthew VonSchondorf, and Zane Martin; and one great-grandchild, Tulip VonSchondorf. He was predeceased by his brother Kenneth, his beloved wife Mary Balch Martin, and two sons: James Charles, who died in infancy, and Thomas Robert, who died at age 20 in an accident. Father Martin was born January 31, 1930 in Detroit, Michigan to Percy Cecil Martin and Mildred Freed Martin. He lost his father at age 5 and, due to his mother’s illness, he and Ken were moved to Pittsburgh to live with their grandmother, then subsequently to the Episcopal Church Home. His mother died in 1937, and first attended Calvary Camp in Conneaut, Ohio in 1939. In 1943 he moved to the Kay House, a private facility for boys in Shadyside. He graduated from Peabody High School in 1948, having played football for three years. During this time he became active at Calvary Church as Acolyte and Lay Reader. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1952 with a degree in History and the Humanities, and then from Bexley Hall Seminary in Gambier, Ohio in 1955. He was ordained Deacon in 1955 by Bishop William S. Thomas, and Priest in 1956 by Bishop Austin Purdue. He served as Rector at Emmanuel Episcopal Church on Pittsburgh’s North Side from 1956-1962; All Saints in Rosedale (Penn Hills/Verona) from 1962-1978, and St. Mark’s in Johnstown from 1978-1996. Upon his retirement in 1996 he began serving a Supply Priest to St. Bartholomew in Scottdale, PA until 2016. He also served as Chaplain to St. Margaret Memorial Hospital in Pittsburgh from 1960-1978, and was active in the Diocese in many roles, including as Secretary of Convention for 32 years and a member of the Standing Committee for three terms. He was elected Deputy or Alternate to General Convention of the Episcopal Church for 11 consecutive meetings from 1967 to 1994. In Johnstown, he served on committees and/or supported the work of organizations including New Day, Birthright, The United Way and the Flood 77 Recovery Committee. He spent many years at Calvary Camp as a camper, staff member, board member and volunteer, and was a presence at camp nearly every summer from 1939 for more than 75 years, a true “Old Timer”. It’s where he had early indications of a call to Priesthood, made lifelong friendships, and met his wife Mary when they were both on staff. Camp was his second home. He was a true pastor and friend to countless people inside and outside the church. His family cherishes many memories to cherish, as he taught us how to hunt, fish, build and repair things, be always thankful, and stand for what we believe yet not take ourselves too seriously. Most importantly, he showed us how to love and serve others in the name of the Lord. He lived a long, happy, and impactful life and will be missed by many. Well done, good and faithful servant. (Matthew 25:23) The family will receive visitors from 2-7 PM on Friday, Feb. 23 at Picking-Treece-Bennett Mortuary, Inc., 921 Menoher Blvd., Johnstown, and from 10-11 AM on Saturday, Feb. 24 at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 335 Locust St., with the funeral to follow at 11 AM. Interment will be private. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.